Virtual Quilt Show Rules and Regulations
1. All entries must be quilted. Quilted is defined as being composed of two layers of cloth filled with batting and held in place by lines of stitching. Quilting may be done by hand, sit down/domestic or quilting machine.
2. Entries must be entered into the appropriate contest level.
3. The contest levels are defined as follows: Aspiring – Quilter has not had any entry that placed in a large regional quilt show. Master – Quilter has had one or more entry that has placed in a large regional quilt show. Placed is defined as winning a ribbon, cash prize, or honorable mention. Large regional quilt show is defined as anything other than a local show. For example, receiving an honorable mention at a local quilt guild show would not disqualify the quilter from the aspiring contest; however, an honorable mention at a state fair would disqualify the quilter from the Aspiring contest. Anyone may elect to enter the Master competition.
4. Deadline for entries midnight, October 5, 2020.
5. We reserve the right to switch categories if a more appropriate category is available.
6. We reserve the right to cancel or combine a category with a similar category when fewer than 10 entries are received.
7. An entry fee of $10 will be charged for each quilt entered in the contest. Payment must be received at the time of entry.
8. Entries are limited to one entry per quilter per category.
9. The quilt cannot have been entered into a previous VQS.
10. Entries must have been completed after July 31, 2018.
11. Entries that are at least 75% quilted using a computerized quilting system must be entered into the Computerized Quilting category.
12. A false backing, where some or all the quilting is not visible from the back, is prohibited except for entries into Best Embroidery or Best Embellishments where the backing is securing embellishments or embroidery. Photos of back of quilt are required.
13. All entries will be judged via photograph. Quilts not submitted using the correct photo guidelines, required photo angles, or submitted using low resolution photos will be disqualified. See pages 4 and 5.
14. VQS reserves the right to disqualify any quilt considered to be for a mature audience only.
15. All decisions made by the VQS judges are final.